I disconnected the negative cable then reconnected it on my 2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXI and now the signals don't work?

Asked by Jul 17, 2015 at 09:24 PM about the 2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi Convertible

A coworker and I were troubleshooting my starting issue with the car, so, I knew the 2003 Sebring has a defect with the cpu, basically the engine lights stays on. My car stalled out for no reason after work, when I was pulling out of my parking spot? I backed in, then the car just sputtered out. I thought it my be some fail safe with the oil or coolant level, so, I checked the fluids and topped off everything. Tried to start again, the car wanted to start, but would not turn over? So, we just checked if it might have been a error vault off the cpe, so, we disconnected the negative lead off the battery, then reattached it. Tried to start it again and nothing. So, my friend checked if he could hear the fuel pump, and it was working. Then we checked if there was gas in the tank, the issue is, every time my tank was almost empty the light would come on, so, I did not think it was out? He rocked the car a little back and forth, heard fuel slushing in the tank, so had fuel, I then tried to start, it almost did. So, he just happened to have a spare emergency tank of fuel, so we went and added it. Gave it a go again, the car almost started, tried again, then the car started, spurted again, then went strong? Fuel was empty? My gauge was sitting on 1/4 tank? So, I just ran down to the station and fueled up. I noticed my turn signals did not work, after I did not see the light on the console or heard the flasher clicking noise. Drove to the auto parts store, checked fuses and relays inside and out, all good. The turn signal switched worked for all the lights except for the signals and emergency flasher? Any ideas?

I thought it had something to do with the combo flasher since, I did not hear the clicking noise. So, more than likely, since I just found somebody with the same issue. Probably shorted it out somehow?

David Morris

Dodge & CRY-sler cars blow boners! Get rid of it ASAP!! UGH! Trade this POS car in, Bubba!! Time for a brand new start!! Room-A-Zoom-Zoom, baby!! July 4th Sales are Sizzlin' HOT and you could be stylin' & profilin' in a new ride with fries on the side!!

Sounds like you have multiple issues. Since the CEL is on, have the auto parts store scan for the codes and post back here. Your fuel sending unit in the tank might be faulty giving you a wrong fuel level on the gauge. You might want to also swap out the fuel filter at some point.