2003 Chrysler Concorde won't go over 2000rpm

Asked by Nov 30, 2015 at 01:13 PM about the 2003 Chrysler Concorde LX

Changed the camshaft & crankshaft positioning sensors & it still won't go over
2000rpm. The car starts up fine-idles fine & runs fine until hitting approx.
2000rpm then it cuts off acceleration power. If it had a timing issue would it be
running & starting as smooth as it does? I am at loss here any help would be
greatly appreciated,thanks.

65,155

Possible catalytic converter starting to get plugged, have a exhaust shop look at it. When they plug up you can drive it at night, stop somewhere dark and look under the car while running and see if there is an orange glow in it.

Thanks Rowefast that is something we have not checked yet,will do this asap & report back in later,thanks again.

Converter appears to be fine no sign of it heating up & the car has the issue hot or cold. Still throwing a code P0016 reads camshaft/crankshaft positioning sensor those have been replaced already also in the same code reads correlation bank 1. Have a new code now showing P0700 transmission sensor however there are no shift issue's perhaps I'm getting wrong codes due to the real issue which is yet to be found. I am wondering if it is a waste of time to test fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, or do a compression test to secure valve timing concerns because the car idles & runs great it will go as fast you want if you creep to the higher speeds w/o crowding the rpms over 2000. Take off is great under 2000rpm too, would reflashing the PCM be a smart option here? Never have done one so I am not certain if there would be a chance of it correcting the issue. Thanks any/all help is appreciated-just call me confused on this one

65,155

No don't flash the pcm, just give me a minute or so, I'll be back...

65,155

In the mean time it wouldn't hurt to check the timing. I'll be back tho, checking on something...

65,155

From what I am finding out, Check that timing first. If that is off it could affect your acceleration. po016 has everything to do with timing, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor but it doesn't mean that they are bad, its telling you something is off with the timing that each of these sensors are picking up. Yes the car would still start and run good also. In the mean time I want to look at something else with the timing. What is the size of your motor? And I assume it has a dual overhead cam shafts?

Sorry for delay & appreciate you taking time here with me,the engine is a 2.7 still driving it but have to watch the rpm's again staying under 2000-2500 it rolls out great...I have not had time to check timing due to other priorities...Plan to do that this weekend unless we figure something else out. Thanks again,

Also you're right after checking flash procedure it will do my car no good...

65,155

Hello! Ok then, have to get my head back into this motor, in the mean time I am checking more on timing, and anything else I can come up with. I'll be in touch...