2008 sebring convertible top motor does not run

30

Asked by May 02, 2016 at 10:50 PM about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible

Help! My 2008 convertible top wont go up!!! It stopped moving when almost in
trunk then finally it did go into trunk. Now will not go up. The motor makes no
sound and pushing button does nothing. Need to close top before it rains!
What do I do?

20

I don't know if this will help, but I have a 2008 Sebring Convertible. I couldn't get my top to go down. I finally (after digging through my trunk..reading the manual) discovered that there are latches in the truck, along with a flap at the back of the trunk that must go flat and be clear of all items before it will go down. I also realized that I had certain items blocking the flap at the back of the trunk that were keeping it from going flat, so I had to remove everything from the trunk. Make sure you read the signs in the trunk that tell you "remove all objects" or "keep all objects away from this area" The trunk (and what's in the trunk) plays a huge role in the operation of the convertible top. Make sure the trunk is clear of everything and that the top flap in the trunk that folds up (and down) is completely lowered & flat to the floor of the trunk. Also make sure nothing is hung on anything (like a shirt or scarf..coat hanger..anything stuck to the notches or wires... which could block the top trunck flap from moving..) Also, the manual will help, and if you don't have one, you can find it online.