zipper type attachment holding the seat cover on back of front seat has come apart on my 2008 Touring convertible. Is there a special tool to close it or can an upholstery shope fix it

120

Asked by May 22, 2014 at 04:26 PM about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible

15,945

no different then when the zipper on your pants comes apart, usually one of the teeth (I'm sure a seamstress has a proper name for a zipper tooth) has fallen out. Try the same thing that you do on your pants or yes a person that knows how to replace zippers is what you need. My buddy's wife has done one or two for me on pants and it's a job that requires some skill to get it looking straight and neat.

120

there is no clasping part to it like a zipper on your pants, wish there was. There is what looks like a zipper

120

here's a pix

120

another pix

15,945

wierd looking - but I'd say if you want to have in look good when fixed then you are going to need an upholsterer , my only other idea is if you know anyone that works on boat tops/upholstery.

120

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. It started as a 1/2 inch coming apart and then I got in the car(wifes car) and seen it had traveled

10

I am having the same exact issue same exact car, I bought a zipper replacement kit and tried to put a new zipper on it, but it wouldnt clasp. Did you have any luck?

purchase #5 slider (or kit) at fabric store & feed top end of zipper through to zip down. will need to remove plastic cover around seat belt to access top end of zipper. This is assuming the zipper & teeth are not damaged.