Car won't start

Asked by May 06, 2016 at 03:13 PM about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible

I was about to park my car. When I parked it, the shifter slid with no effort into park. Now, the car will not start. The ignition will turn, but no reaction from the starter. No clicking sound at all. I can turn the battery on and the headlights, radio, wipers will work. The shifter has a hard time shifting to neutral. What could this be?

Have you tried shifting pit od park and back then try to start?

The steering wheel is locked and the brake is also stuck. Power steering pump maybe? I checked the fluid level and it is fine.

First I apologize for my lousy spelling. Second Sebrings and a few others are known for shifter failure. If it is the shifter it is broken in the console. The only fix for it is to replace the entire shifter assembly, Chrysler at one time had a recall on some of these, if that is your issue. That should not stop it from starting though.