Help? Missing Dash Vin

85

Asked by Aug 10, 2013 at 01:55 PM about the 2003 Ford Mustang GT

I bought a 03 GT that was a theft recovery and they took off the vin off by windshield and
the one off the door jamb, so I'm trying to find the location of the other ones, when I
bought the car the dealer never told me it was a theft recovery, when I got home I
checked the vin to make sure it matched the title so now I am stuck trying to figure how to
get a vin replacement for the dash anyone know where I can find another vin to make
sure it matches? Thanks

There should be an engine block ID number click on this image

like this

25,595

It's a shame that you didn't get a CarFax Report before buying the car...it would have revealed that it was involved in a theft....Ironically, the Dealer can and usually will provide this for free to you (or you can print it from the Dealer's website). Here's some info. on where else to look for the VIN though: The VIN may also appear in a number of other locations. Here is a list of some of the possible places to look: At the front of the engine block. This should be easy to spot by popping open the hood, and looking at the front of the engine. At the front of the car frame, near the container that holds windshield washer fluid. At a rear wheel well. Try looking up, directly above the tire. Inside the driver-side doorjamb. Open the door, and look underneath where the side-view mirror would be located if the door was shut. At the driver-side doorpost. Open the door, and look near the spot where the door latches, not too far from the seatbelt return. Underneath the spare tire. If you still can't locate the VIN, try consulting your vehicle manual. Or, call a dealership or the manufacturer and request guidance.

25,595

Also, the car was sold under false pretenses. I would suggest consulting a lawyer. Lord knows what ELSE the Dealer neglected to tell you about this car!!

www.mustangtek.com/FordDecode.html‎

85

Thanks guys, nothing under spare tire, driver door area has nothing I'm going to look on the block I love the car but not sure what to do about the missing vins I would love to keep the car but if I can't get a vin replaced I just soon not to own it, I did go get a police report from the city it was reported from they told me to try and get a new vin by using state police to get a new vin I talked with the officer that found the car and he gave me another dept to check about getting a vin.

Best of luck MustangGT03. That's all I can think of, and RacerX... I can't speak for him but..well we tried

24,195

It's a Ford. If it isn't on the Dash or door, give up. Engineering codes are all you'll find on the block. HINT: Don't buy a car without checking it out first.

25,595

I'd sure as hell like to know what kind of Dealer (assuming NOT a Ford Dealer) would buy a Theft Recovery car at Auction (it sure as hell wasn't a trade-in!) and turn around as resell it on their Used Car lot, knowing that the VIN#'s had been taken off! This car was being prepped for being disassembled by a Chop-Shop! Dude...I would get a lawyer and sue these bastards...You just might win a VERY nice settlement and be able get some money to buy a NEW Mustang and have plenty of $$$ left over. Please tell us who this Dealer is and where they're located!