Engine will not start

Asked by Aug 15, 2011 at 09:51 PM about the 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

When I go to start the car, with my foot on the brake, I press the start switch, I hear the starter running but the engine will not start.  The engine does not fire at all. What could the problem be?

The teeth on the starter flywheel could be broken, and therefore not able to engage the engine. The starter solenoid brings those gears together to start the engine, so it could be the solenoid. Good luck!

Check the sensors - these cars are notorius for the sensor problems!!! I must've changed 5 of them since I got the car (2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL). Had the same problem, the car wont start, accelarate, engine won't start etc... all sensor related! I hope it helps!

My 2011 Nissan Altima is killing my battery, therefore car won't start. Third time with same problem. Please reply.

It's your break pedal switch I had the exact same problem. There's a little black piece that's connected to your break pedal that will cause the car to not start when it goes bad I had to get my vehicle towed and before the tow truck could get out the dealer parking lot the car was fixed. They just switched out the piece it's covered under warranty

If it was the brake pedal switch it would not turn over. It could be lots of things ( fuel, spark, sensors, ect.)

i have a question ma nissan altima car 2007 model not taking self anyone know whats the problem ?

Nissan altima2007 sum time not working only cranking this problems not every time put wheen happened it's teake time to started even hot or cold

My Nissan Teana (Altima) 2008 250XE developed a problem of starting. Firstly, it burned the gasket and the head of which got repaired by mechanic and engineer and the vehicle started moving. After taking a long drive around the city, the car stopped when backing home. What happened is that after climbing a low hill on the highway, the speedometer dropped from 100 to 0 (zero) and could not accelerate anymore even when I pressed the accelerator. It stopped and I parked it at the side of the highway. It had to be toward back home. The mechanic has been working on it but no success, changed battery but no success. Also, the temperature gauge is not indicating. It won't start at all. What can I do or what is your suggestion?

I have a Nissan altima 2.5s 2003 I Chang oxygen soner after when I Chang oxygen soner when I star die on me won't start?

Hello I have a 2010 Niasia Altima I hit a dog and didn't want to file it on my insurance I keep driving once I get to a stop I see my service engine light come on I get out the car and look and I see my radiator is busted I had it tow to my house cause they couldn't tow it to my grandma house so 2hours after the tow bring my car to my house I drive it to my grandma house I put 4bottolfs of water in the radiator so my car been sitting in the yard since Last Sunday so my job call me to come in I put 2gallons of water in the radiator I made it to my job when I got ready to leave my job I put 2more gallons on water in the radiator I was halfway to my grandma house then the needle started going up in the H so I pull over and cut the car off I let it cool off for 15 to 20mins now my car want crank what could be the problem? My cousin boyfriend said it's the motor could that be true?? Please Help me if I get a radiator will that fix the problem??

My friend dad said it's the Head Gasket could that be it?

My car did that last week. My battery was weak. Replace the battery still wouldn't crank just turned Over. I hauled it off to the shop and they fixed it. The problem was it was flooded. Just remove the extra gas and it will probably crank