I tried to jump the car off and put the cables on the wrong way what could be wrong the car will not start

Asked by Feb 22, 2015 at 07:05 PM about the 2004 Chrysler Sebring Base Convertible

I put the cables on the wrong way got a spark and some smoke put in a new battery and
the car still will not start is the computer fried or is it a module or a fuse

66,255

Check the fuses first. Start with the underhood fuse box. Look at the big fuses in there first. If everything is ok there than you can check the other fuses but most likely you'll need a new computer (PCM). HTH. -Jim