Where is the transmission relay located

Asked by Jul 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM about the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica Base AWD

I have a 2004 Chrysler  Pacifica with Fault code PO888 can you tell me where the trans relay is located?

10,125

You're dealing with a common problem and especially bec its a Chrysler product and they love to use thin gaged wiring especially in their comp wiring , TCM, transmission wiring harness's. Odds are that your problem is not the relay. It is the control circuit for the relay. The TCM sees that the relay is off all the time then sets the code. Your transmission does not shift because it is in "limp in mode". This only allows 2nd and reverse. If you look at the wiring harness down by the transmission in the front of it you might see that there is a cut or damage to the harness where it rubs on the case. This is usually the cause of this code but by no means is it a guarantee that this is the answer. But I would bet that the relay is not the problem.

80

And Chrysler loves to camouflage their trouble codes. There is no TCM Relay on a 2007 Pacifica as their trouble codes would lead you to believe. They do this so that you cant detect the problem with a DIY engine scanner. SCUM BAGS! The problem (as I recently found out) is that they have an input AND an output sensor. If either goes bad the stop talking to each other and the car cannot determine how fast its going and will not shift gears. This was Mercedes design but they were not prepared for the thin gauged wiring Chrysler was using. The good news is you dont have to guess which one is bad because you can replace them both for about $25! I'm 35 and have owned 6 Chryslers. If I live to be 100 years old I will have only owned 6 Chryslers...

80

P.S. I have a Honda with 210,000 miles on it and the only thing I change is the oil.

40

Wrong dodgingdoge,get your info straight before posting to help, ther IS A RELAY, for 41TE in pdc and for 62TE on radiator support. THATS WHERE IT IS>