Chrysler Crossfire won't start.

Asked by Jul 07, 2013 at 08:46 PM about the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Limited

My Chrysler 2004 Chrysler Crossfire won't start. I drove to a gas station today and got out
of my car for 10 minutes. When I got back into the car I turned the key and my radio
worked, but my engine would not start. It seems like my starter wont even engage. Is this
a starter issue?

no. it is a battery issue...get a new one....FAILURE as these things degrade ten percent per year~ grandpa is old now and needs some fresh sure to clean the other end of the cable that connects to the chassis/ground to establish the 300 cold cranking amps needed~

Spend $125 on an interstate or NAPA good quality one...a good battery should be able to survive a destructive three second dead-short and still be able to start the car....and bounce back with a charge right old battery will fail this test~

Had almost the same problem started the car and it quit. Starter would not turn over. The remote keys would not lock the door the head lights work but the car starter would not turn over. The battery was good 4 months old and was fully charged. Call my son the car guy and he told me to take both battery clamps off the battery and ground both the cables to each other for 10 seconds this would reboot the car computer. Reinstall cables and this fix the problem. I thought my son was kidding about this. He saved me a tow to the dealership $200 plus. It's good to have son's

I'm sorry if this is late but get you crankshaft position sensor and your camshaft position sensor checked. The car probably cut off because it was hot and when either one of these are going bad it causes the car to shut off, once it cools down it will start again but will keep shutting off once it is hot. thats your best bet start with these two sensor they might be the only thing you need.

I just had the same problem with my 2004 Crossfire. Admittedly, I am taking very poor care of the car, and had not driven it in one year. Put a new battery in it yesterday, it started fine, ran okay. However today, same problem as you described, electronic door locks don't work, lights flash when I open the door, Car won't start but all the electrical systems work. I took your advice, disconnected the battery, ground the cables together, and now it started, at least for now. Obviously need to get it to the dealership. Thanks for sharing your advice.

I have same problem... had AAA test the battery it is at peak charge and output. I tried shorting the battery leads and got it to turn over but it stalls right away. Going to try soldering the 3 points on the RCM is next... got my Xfire att 100k miles for 3k hope it's not going to be a paper weight.

Changed. Cam and crank sensors so far runs great.

My daughter just bought an 04 crossfire 2 weeks later no start! Changed rcm still won't start, just clicking in the rcm. Can any one help

Ragand's answer saved my life! Locked my '08 roadster (with only 13,000 miles on it!) and went to work. At quitting time the key fob wouldn't work. Replaced the batteries and still no go. Tried the other fob and no go. Opening the driver door only set off the alarm. The car powered up but wouldn't crank. I disconnected the battery and connected the negative and positive cables together for 10 seconds. The cables won't reach so I used a crescent wrench as a jumper. Reconnected everything, prayed, held my breath, and the doors unlocked!!! I put a 10mm wrench and a heavy guage wire jumper in the glove box to ward off the evil spirits! Thanks ragand!

Ragand - tell your son he is a genius. I found several different suggestions on several message boards on how to reset my Crossfire Security system after it refused to recognize my key fob or allow me to star the car. The last idea I tried was to disconnect the battery and short the cables (I used my jumper cables). Once I connected the battery up again it was all fixed ..!!! Thanks SO MUCH !

I have a 2005 crossfire that wouldn't start. After reading these comments, I tried to connect the cables together with a pliers and it didn't work. Than I stretched the cables to actually touch each other and it started. I am amazed. Not to mention saving lots of $$$.

more than likely,,,,it's not your skim switch,,it's not your dam battery,or your rcm,,,more than likely you have some how pushed the panic button on the key,,du

Guru9XXHF, your advice would probably be more received if you'd give it without the attitude. We are just owners of great cars asking for help, not professional mechanics.