Peformance enhancement for a 2012 S60 T5

Asked by Sep 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM about the 2012 Volvo S60 T5

I asked my dealer about performance options for the car I bought. He indicater that there is a Polestar tuning for the T5 for $1300 that will give me 25 more HP. Does anyone know about this? Did anyone get it and is it worth it.? Is gas milage reduce to any significant degree? Please give me your ideas. Thanks.

Most if not all Volvos have this option from the factory. It increases HP and TQ by about 25 each. It's worth the money if you want a performance boost with a warranty. All it is is an ECU re-flash so it just re-works how the computer handles air/fuel/etc. I believe it to be worth the price based solely on the fact it's warrantied. Gas mileage, I can't say on that. I would assume it would be increased slightly.

I would totally recommend it. Polestar is a performance companies that has been partnered with Volvo for a while. its sort of like AMG for mercedes. the extra power boost you see in r-design volvos comes from a polestar tune from volvo (it just hasnt been advertised that way until recently). It adds 25- 30HP, keeps the same fuel economy and comes with a warranty. meaning its not going to cause all sorts of funky things to go wrong with your car, including shudder acceleration and check engine lights that you would get from other After Market tuning companies. It definitely gives the car some kick and makes it feel more aggressive. Its not going to cause any problems with your car like other forms of performance upgrades would such as cold air intakes (which wont pass smog inspections). If you come into a Volvo dealership, they can let you test drive a car WITH polestar so you trully feel the difference. If you are willing/are able to spend that kind of money, I would totally get it.

i wanted to get it. the dealer said it is not available for my car, a 2012 S60 T5. it seems to be a marketing decision to get you to buy the T6. I'm really upset about this. How could it be available for so many models exept for mine. I think they are playing dirty. I'm willing to pay $1,300 for this and they say it's not available. I won't go to a speed shop because it may not work and may void my warranty. Does anyone know if a S&N air filter would help with some performance? The dealer said not to use an oil based air filter as it will clog the air flow monitor. S&N said they tested the filters and no oil was transferred to the sensor. Does anyone have any information on this? I'd liike very much to improve the performance but don't want to cause waranty problems. Please advise. Thanks edm

Call around to dealers and look for accessory part specials on the dealers website. I found a 25% off for accessories and the performance upgrade is an accessory according to Volvo and the parts department. I ended up paying just over $1000. for the software, the install including the tax. The software MSRP is $1245, plus tax, ( it's a part and taxed) the install price is $50. ( takes 15 min) MSRP is $1295. or less, plus tax.

I own a 2014 s60 t5 and the dealer also told me that the polestar upgrade was not available for my car... Now, my car still has warranty so... I wont be messing with my vehicle anytime soon. Im interested in the new water injection that came on the new BMW M4 sooo, I want to give it a shot. Lol.