My CC 2012 won't start all the way. It's not battery b/c the car didn't shut everything out. It gives contact and everything works, but the engine won't start. There isn't any light on. Please HELP

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 07:41 PM about the 2012 Volkswagen CC Sport

so your saying hte car turns over but does not cough choke or sound like it wants to start?

Everything turns on fine it just can't start all the way. It tries but it can't. And there was no lights on indicating something's wrong.

sounds like a fuel or a spark issue. if it is not even choking when it starts it most likely has no fuel have it checked out by a vw/audi specialist soon as you can. most of the systems on these newer cars are mostly elecronic so they should be able to diagnose it preaty fast.

Thank u for the answer. I had my car towed to the dealership yesterday morning and they still haven't checked it. It is ridicules how slow and rude those ppl at dealership are. They didn't even give me a rental.

all depends where you take it. I myself only deal with 2 vw dealerships because they car more about making me happy and makeing sure my car is alright then any other dealership. but as for the rental that would only be covered if it is still under warranty

Leonard Dwayne Jones

Did they ever diagnose what the issue was?

Leonard Dwayne Jones

Having a similar issue but mine will choke like it wants to start but won't completely turn over.

whats the mileage on your car? and has it been in -20 degree wheater of late?

I would guess it is most likely a coil pack or bad spark plug myself Try a tune up and see if it helps.

Leonard Dwayne Jones

70,000 miles and no it hasn't been in -20 degree weather I live in Texas. I changed the spark plugs after this happened I will get coils tomorrow and try before making an appointment at VW.

i would actuly take it to a vw specialist shop in your area first... vw tends to go by what the computer tells them so if there is no data in the computer for this issue they will charge you 128$ and say nothing is wrong. google map is your friend. Find a good shop and use them before you spend a bunch of cash on new coil packs. for now just try and tighten the main intake manifold its the big plastic thing on the front of the engine. They tend to get loose over time. could be a little of whats causing the issue. The best bet tho is a specialist shop as most of what im doing is guessing what the issue can be. The car should have some codes in it that should help trouble shoot the issue or at least we can only hope.

Leonard Dwayne Jones

I am getting the following codes... P052A P0011 P0506 and a misfire in all of the cylinders

most of those codes are pointing to the intack taking a dump or or the throtal body. if its still covered under warranty i would say get them both looked at and replaced if its not resolved after replacement then your most likely looking at a timing chain having jumped its sprocket and has caused bend valves. this forums i found has half the issues you got.

I have a 2010 vw cc sport same thing happened to me. It was the fuse changes from 10 to 15 no problem since. Its the fuse box in the car on drivers side by the door. You have 7 rows. Row 4 count 7 slots thats wthe one to replace. It may have a 10in it's place just replace with a 15.