My CC 2012 won't start all the way. It's not battery b/c the car didn't shut everything out. It gives contact and everything works, but the engine won't start. There isn't any light on. Please HELP

70

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 07:41 PM about the 2012 Volkswagen CC Sport

10,855

so your saying hte car turns over but does not cough choke or sound like it wants to start?

70

Yes

70

Everything turns on fine it just can't start all the way. It tries but it can't. And there was no lights on indicating something's wrong.

10,855

sounds like a fuel or a spark issue. if it is not even choking when it starts it most likely has no fuel have it checked out by a vw/audi specialist soon as you can. most of the systems on these newer cars are mostly elecronic so they should be able to diagnose it preaty fast.

70

Thank u for the answer. I had my car towed to the dealership yesterday morning and they still haven't checked it. It is ridicules how slow and rude those ppl at dealership are. They didn't even give me a rental.

10,855

all depends where you take it. I myself only deal with 2 vw dealerships because they car more about making me happy and makeing sure my car is alright then any other dealership. but as for the rental that would only be covered if it is still under warranty

10

Did they ever diagnose what the issue was?

10

Having a similar issue but mine will choke like it wants to start but won't completely turn over.

10,855

whats the mileage on your car? and has it been in -20 degree wheater of late?

10,855

I would guess it is most likely a coil pack or bad spark plug myself Try a tune up and see if it helps.

10

70,000 miles and no it hasn't been in -20 degree weather I live in Texas. I changed the spark plugs after this happened I will get coils tomorrow and try before making an appointment at VW.

10,855

i would actuly take it to a vw specialist shop in your area first... vw tends to go by what the computer tells them so if there is no data in the computer for this issue they will charge you 128$ and say nothing is wrong. google map is your friend. Find a good shop and use them before you spend a bunch of cash on new coil packs. for now just try and tighten the main intake manifold its the big plastic thing on the front of the engine. They tend to get loose over time. could be a little of whats causing the issue. The best bet tho is a specialist shop as most of what im doing is guessing what the issue can be. The car should have some codes in it that should help trouble shoot the issue or at least we can only hope.

10

I am getting the following codes... P052A P0011 P0506 and a misfire in all of the cylinders

10,855

most of those codes are pointing to the intack taking a dump or or the throtal body. if its still covered under warranty i would say get them both looked at and replaced if its not resolved after replacement then your most likely looking at a timing chain having jumped its sprocket and has caused bend valves. this forums i found has half the issues you got. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46284

10

I have a 2010 vw cc sport same thing happened to me. It was the fuse changes from 10 to 15 no problem since. Its the fuse box in the car on drivers side by the door. You have 7 rows. Row 4 count 7 slots thats wthe one to replace. It may have a 10in it's place just replace with a 15.

Having the same issue. Any other fixes here before I tow to dealership? out of warranty, 105K miles, battery is 100%, sparks plugs and ignition coils within one year. Checked fuses, rw2575's post above...I already had a 30 in the 10/15 spot.

Im having the same problem with the same car but It wont even start, And its not the battery

10,855

start checking wire's if the car keeps blowing fuses thats ussaly a sure sign you have a short some where or a part is blocked and not working causing it to over work and then trip the fuse.

I have the same problem the battery is fine but the engine won t start The engine is leaking it may cause the problem ?

10,855

this depends on whats it leaking. is it leaking fuel?? antifreeze? oil? trany fluid? brake fluid? identify the leak and then come back.

10

I'm having the same problem rn with my 2010, and it's not the coils, it's not the plugs, it's not the mad sensor, the car is cranking and getting fuel and I'm getting no check engine light, but a vw mechanic told me it might be the crankshaft position sensor, since the OBD scanner can't read that. any other suggestions as to what it might be?

70

Hi Efrain, It was engine. The engine on my, than 2 year old cc, broke. Completely stopped working and couldn't be fixed. It was so frustrating, I mean it was brand new car when I got it and 2 years later the engine broke down. Luckily, my car was under the warranty and they replaced it, but it wasn't easy to get them replace it by any means. My car was in the shop for 5 weeks. I hope it's not your engine b/c it won't be fun. But take your car to vw dealership where u got it from and have them check. Good luck

10,855

you can try grabing a rosstech scanner kit that should get you a more indepth look at whats going on. and i understand the pain for getting a car only to have it breakdown. i had simalure luck with my 2012 vw jetta only my issue was water ... water in every bloody fluid in the car. got the car from a licensed VW dealer used car was only 3 years old at the time. I told them straight up "before I buy this car I want all the fluids changed" they told me it was already done before it was put on the lot for sale.. so was it actuly done ? nope 1 week later -30 C hits us and what happens ? every single fluid in my car froze and it wrecked havoc .. Blew up my power steering pump, my vacum pump, my blower motor, nearly blew up the engine, had a 2inch thick block of ice in my oil pan. it was a shit show and even tho i tried to get them to give me a different car they said sure found me anotuher car then told finance to stone wall me and treat it as a trade in and denied my trade. some dealers are better then others but some are jsut scum with blood sucking leechs mixed into the pool of stagnant water. regardless to say i gave um a bad review and never went back to there again. found anouther dealer willing to listen to me and got it all fixed. if i was smart i would have jsut let that engine die and simply got a replacement . :P any ways I would have that car scanned with proper software. you can get a bootleg ross tech dongel and software off amazon for 15-40 $ then all you need is a laptop or computer to plug it into and you can get your codes with no hasel. Hope this helps.

I have a 2010 cc same thing draining battery and won't start. Luckily I got the recall notice in the mail the same day the dealership was trying to do a 3hour diagnostic