my heat is blowing cool air & defrost doesnt work well

190

Asked by Feb 06, 2011 at 04:17 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD

3,665

How long is your drive? It takes a while to heat up the coolant, which is what heats up the air for the heater.

190

My drive is about 15 mins. But even on longer drives it does the same thing..had someone look under the hood & he said heat is working but some valve in the dash is stuck or broke..what do you think? Thanks for your reply

3,665

That could cause a problem like that. The air valves in the air box control the amount of hot and cold air that goes into your vents, so if the hot air one was jammed shut you'd only get cold air no matter what temperature you set.

190

Thanks so much..that gives me something to go on..now I need to find a good mechanic b/c I didn't want to take it to chrysler..thanks again

550

A friend of mine recently was experiencing this problem. Fan blowing but no warm air coming out the vents. I had a Chrysler tech recommend that I re-calibrate the Heater-A/C control. This procedure should be done any time the A/C-heater Control is replaced, or if the battery is disconnected or replaced. I did this procedure and it worked! My friend thinks I am a car-god. Here's how: Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Simultaneously depress and hold the Power and the Recirculation buttons on the A/C-heater control for at least 5 seconds. The automatic temperature control (ATC) A/C-heater control Delay and Recirculation graphics will begin flashing when the calibration starts. This proceure should take 15-20 seconds. When the flashing stops the procedure is complete. If the flashing continues it is because the A/C-heater control has detected a problem and it will generate an diagnostic-trouble code. You should be able to use a code reader to further diagnose. Don't worry, the flashing will stop after 5-10 miles of driving. Hope this helps.

60

2008 ford explorer heater and defroster do not heat blows cold air

@ramchargermopar_freak perfect solution to my problem. Many thanks