I am thinking of buying a 2005 Crossfire. Those of you that have or had one, would you recommend one? What mechanical problems have you experienced? Thank you

Asked by Feb 25, 2014 at 05:59 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited

Goolgle car and driver for a non bias reveiw. I did work for chrysler when these were new. I personally found the plastic kinda.........hmmm. the seating was comfortable, visibility had a couple blind spots, but lots of cars have them. Its exterior appearance is kinda like a speeding ticket waiting to happen. Power was great, braking was great the abs was there when demanded. Though the nose is longer than the rear of the car its balance at speed is quite surprising, it corners as if on rails due to a very low center of gravity. I own a chrysler sebring, and as w any car mileage care and maintaince is super important. I highly recommend a dealer predelivery inspection. Any reputable seller should have no problem w this. I hope that helps have a great day and enjoy your future investment.

1,175

I have owned two, both of which were fantastic cars. The first was an 04 coupe limited in Alpine white with the dark slate and cedar interior. It was a honey and I don't care what others say, the plastic was ok, never and issue with it. I traded it in for the roadster which was an 05 and I loved that as well. The 04 had an issue with the Max Air Flow unit and it was replaced under warranty. That was the only issue with that car. The 05 was free from issues, it was magnificent. The only other issue is the staggered wheels and tires. Front 18" and rear 19" I found myself paying a lot of money for tires other than the standard Continentals. I found that they wear quickly and handling was not as good as what I found. I replaced the wheels with TSW and tires were Toyo T1R's. It was well worth the change. A bit long winded but yes, I would recommend the cars to anyone that loves true sports cars that are built in Germany at the Karman Plant using all parts of the SLK 320.

Best Answer

Own a 205 with 57k miles and have replaced headliner and two broken front springs and license plate light bulbs. I am running 16inch Mercedes wheels with 225/55 R16 rear and 215/55 R16 front and it sure handles a lot better and rides smoother. Radio stays on with one station unless I disconnect and reconnect power once in a while. WillC

405

I own a 2005 Limited with 156,000 miles. There are a few issues but if you can turn a wrench most are minor. Yes, there is plastic but what car isn't these days. I wouldn't hesitate to get into my baby and drive to the opposite side of the country.. We have a great forum as well as the Chrysler Crossfire Owners Group on Facebook and help each other in all cases.

1,175

To answer your question, I have owned two Crossfires, one was an alabaster white coupe with the dark slate grey and cedar leather interior, the second was a 2005 Aero Blue Pearlcoat roadster, two tone grey interior. The 04 had one issue that was fixed at no charge, it was the mass air flow sensor, all fixed under the original warrantee, aside from that there was nothing that happened to that car and remains one of my favorited to this day. The roadster too was flawless.

5

I currently own a 2004, I have loved this car for 11 years it has never given me any trouble, I do have it listed on this site for sale because my family has grown and my grandchildren argue who will go in my car with me lol...I will tell you this site gives me trouble as I have inquiries but never have received the emails