Could I get a copy of the letter from Chrysler on the recall or saying they are fixing the back window on the 2005 crossfire. My is falling out and was told no recall or fix for mine

10

Asked by Sep 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe

58,735

Go to carcomplaints.com and enter your vehicle information. Then click on "recalls". Any recalls that may effect your vehicle will come up and you can print out the pages. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
216,515

As far as I know there was not a recall for this issue. It is a common problem on the Crossfires and owners are forced to pay for the repair themselves.

20

We live in Pennsylvania and my 2005 window has been out for awhile. We have tried to tape it in, but are looking for an upholsterer to put it back in as I've read this is possible. There is no recall. We were told by one person that we would have to replace the entire roof and I don't believe this to be the case!

58,735

Contact Chrysler Customer Service at 1- (800)-334-9200. If this is a know and widespread problem with these vehicles there may be a "hidden warranty". For example, the light control modules for certain year Ford Crown Victorias and Mercury Grand Marquis have been so troublesome that Ford has extended the warranty to 12 years on them. GM had so many problems with the catalytic converters installed on certain vehicles between 2000 thru 2005 they extended the warranty to 10 years or 100,000 miles. These " hidden warranties " aren't highly publicized. But their out there. Maybe you can get lucky and get in on something like that with your window. When you call, remind them that broken glass can cause injury and is a safety issue. That may help your case. Good luck with this. HTH. -Jim

10

Thank you all , Customer service Said they are just replacing tops on the cars that are from Southern states. This is a crossfire problem on all our cars no matter where they are from

10

Thank you all , Customer service Said they are just replacing tops on the cars that are from Southern states. This is a crossfire problem on all our cars no matter where they are from .They did extend the fix for 10 years 100000 miles

10

Tammo right now I fixed mine with 3m window weld and it seems to be holding

I used Gorilla glue two yrs ago.. Window still holding

10

I used the 3m window weld and so far so good it's holding great .Just make sure you clean the area really good before you stick back together good luck