Fiat 500 Pop respond in snow?

Asked by Fastnfriendly Aug 24, 2018 at 09:10 PM about the 2012 FIAT 500 Pop

Could someone tell me how the 2012 Fiat pop response in snow?

115,345

The Fiat 500 is a piece of junk overall. They have low reliability ratings and are cheaply made. If the snow gets very deep they will not go. FIAT stand for "Fix It Again Tony" and that pretty well sums it up. This would be a good car to avoid.

200

hey Bob, you have no idea what the hell your talking about. Oh, and the fix it again tony thing again....how fuckin original. The Fiat 500 is VERY reliable and it’s outstanding in snow. No ,it would not be a good car to avoid. Mine has 199,217 miles on it and all I did was front brakes and a battery.

70

My Fiat 500 is amazing in the snow! I have lived in Utah my whole life and this is the first car I've had that has never gotten stuck. It is so compact it never really fishtails.

80

Hello! I have a Fiat 500 and, where I live, is snowing. In this condition, I can’t drive because my car slips a lot!!! When I stop and need start again, my car dont go, stay slipping. Now, I thinking about change the tires, put a snow tires. Someone use snow tires? It is a good idea? Thanks!!

291,585

Tires are the key to good snow traction. Either buy dedicated winter tires or all season tires rated for severe snow duty (mountain, snowflake sidewall symbol).

80

I noticed that my car has summer tires in, so definitely I should buy winter tires. Thank you for the quick answer!!

291,585

Summer tires are a disaster in the winter. Glad you checked!

30

i have a 2013 fiat 500P, i live in ontario, we get a far bit of snow in this area, i run all season tires on my fiat, car is a sick shift so it spins on start but handles great in the snow , I put a set of snow tires on last year, soft extra grippy, car was assume in the snow, this was the first small car I bought , very impressed, yes the material on the seats is cheap , but in general the car is a good car, I have 63,396km on mine and have done nothing yet to it, knock on wood.

50

I've driven my 2013 Fiat POP through everything ( I deliver newspapers 125 miles a day, 7 days a week in the high mountains of Idaho I absolutely love the way it handles in snow, on ice, a combination of the two and let's not forget spring flooding. I put the best studded snow tires I can get on it and it has never let me down. I've gone through 4 winters with my Fiat. As far as mechanical: I now have 110,000 miles on it and have just replaced the clutch, breaks, and strutts (keep in mind, I deliver 6 different newspapers, on old pot holey roads, 125 miles a day, seven days a week). I do have a Manuel so I can't say how an automatic handles.