whats wrong

50

Asked by Jan 17, 2016 at 02:13 PM about the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Ext. Cab 4WD

My 2011 silverado wont shift out of park my
stability light/traction crontrol service light was
going on and off for cpl weeks as well as the abs
light then my truck started to not shift out of park
with foot on break every now and then it will alow
me to but now it wont at all so i unplugged the
wiring to the break pedal and it shifts no problem
so i plug it back in and the break lights r fudged up
they come on when break is applied but then go
right out...some ppl say neutral safety switch and
ithers say modual or sulinoid anyone have any
ideas on were to begin...

71,375

So whats up? There is a solenoid locking mechanism that a wire usually breaks off from it. When you disconnect from the break light switch your breaking that circuit, so it deactivates the solenoid so you can shift. But some times it is in the break switch itself. In this case I would go for the break switch first, since the solenoid needs power to deactivate, and it does. The traction control light is probably related to the ABS light. More that likely a wheel sensor wire. If you get it scanned for ABS codes this would save a lot of time trying to find the problem. It will tell you where it is at. Not all scanners can read ABS codes.

50

I went and had it scanned the scanner told me it was the switch so before i did anything i unhooked the lights that i installed on my back rack cpl weeks ago to make sure nothing from those effected anything before i opened my new break switch and installed it cuz if i open the part i cant return it...so after i disconnected everything i tried shifting and checking if the break lights work and everything went kind of opposite if i stomp on the break the lights stay on now and the truck shifts?? But if i lightly tap on it the lights come on then shut right off untill i push harder? So i dont think my lights had any effect? But ABS light is still on and same with stability/traction control light so if the scanner said that the switch is bad then im gunna try the new switch first, but thank u for the info it deff helps alittle bit more, ill keep u posted and if anymore ?s ill ask...thank u again!