My motor mounts and transmission need to be replaced. When did this issue begin?

Asked by May 05, 2017 at 10:00 PM about the 2011 MINI Countryman S

I want to find out when my issue would of began or if there is anyway it is a
brand new problem..  It's said to need 4 new motormounts and a full
transmission rebuild.   Automatic trans.

21,115

The mount go bad over time. I have heard of many other issues with these cars, it likely a build/engineering issue, just try to buy some upgraded parts. If the trans is bad only thing you can do is replace or rebuild. Same thing with it, have it built by a pro that understands these cars, otherwise your going to have issues with it again in the future sooner than later.

With the motor mounts shaking and the transmission is aswell along with making noise and causing and a light sensor to turn on over 55 mph. Is there anyway to for sure estamate the onset date range?

264,195

How many miles on the vehicle and who checked out it out telling you need those parts and that the trans needs work? A dealer or trans shop? Like was said above if one mount fails the rest start to follow. When your sensor light was coming on over 55mph , did you continue to drive over a period of time, or get it checked out right away?

94000 the dealer i bouoght it from i took it back to and their tranny shop said this... when they did the dealer siad it's a new issue and not their issue. i've had the car 3 weeks.

21,115

Its whole life span until now there is no way it all took place in just the last 3 weeks after you purchased it, if dealer is saying so they are trying to fool you and deserve to have the better business bureau called on them and the news channels until they accept responsibility. Most States have lemon laws and give a allowed amount of time you can return it to a dealer lot for full refund, see if its been under the amount of time in your state and return it pronto.

I just remembered that when I was test driving the vehicle there is a plastic clicking in what sounded like the front of the engine compartment when it was in park I asked the salesman about it and he brush it off saying oh that's nothing the car just gets those noises after so many miles, I am asking if that could of been related to the transmission or motor mounts in any way?

21,115

Yes possible. Loose/bad transmission mounts could put stress on it and wear parts/many parts very fast. Mount do not break just all a sudden, this took many a drive to make them go bad, One went bad then added stress to another which broke another mount and then the next and so forth, they did not check it out good. It had most if not all of them broke when you bought it. I would also think about the rest of the front end parts related to and connected to the trans/engine as possible failures soon to come. Like the Axles & wheel bearings. This also raises the question in my mind if this car is a wrecked car put back on the road. Take it to mechanic/body shop that is not connected to those you purchased from. Have them check for previously repaired wreck damage. Including whether the air-bags are in place and originals.

Best Answer Mark helpful