I have an 89 Cadillac Sedan Deville why does the security light flash when I turn the ignition off only then shut off as soon as I start the car

Asked by Sep 19, 2014 at 01:24 PM about the 1991 Cadillac Seville Base

There is a white wire with a metal prong hanging down from a bigger black wire
right under the driver side dash and its just
long enough to reach the fuse box

The red led flashes because the anti-theft is armed and car is immobilized. With your key starting the car it's unarmed and driveable. Have no clue what that wire is

2,095

FordNut is right, so this is normal. The light should stop flashing after about one minute. As for the wire, if everything else seems to have power and working I wouldn't worry about it (if it aint broke don't fix it). If your curiosity gets the best of you put power to it and see what happens, but I don't recommend it.