2011 Dodge Caliber - Factory alarm system will not shut off

Asked by Sep 23, 2013 at 05:37 PM about the 2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet

We have a 2011 Dodge Caliber, the other day I pressed the unlock button on the key fob and the doors unlocked, but when I opened the driver side door the alarm began to go off. I pressed the unlock button again thinking that would make it stop. It didnt. I tried closing the door and pressing the lock button thinking it would lock and I could just unlock it again. The alaram still did not shut off. I pressed the panic buttom twice and it only changed the pitch of the horn and the pattern in which it honked. Finally after pressing any and all buttons in a panic because it would not stop the horn just blared constantly, as if someone had their hand held down on the horn. My husband finally disconnected the battery and it stopped. We left it overnight disconnected thinking that would be plenty of time to "reset" the alarm. The moment he reconnected the  batter it did it again. He can start the car and drive it but the alarm just continues to go off. He finally just disconnedted the horn but again it's still going off, lights flashing but no sound. How in the heck do you fix this? I am afraid to take it to the dealership as it's going to cost a fortune in labor and testing etc. to correct it.

10

Sounds like a fuse went out. Same thing happened to my 2011 Dodge Avenger. Check your fuses. Might have a short somewhere in the car, which can be caused by insects, rodents, or anything else that can get in there and mess things up.

20

Hi my name is Arthur my mom has a 2011 Dodge caliber uptown she only has the anti theft not the security alarm if you read the manual it will show the alarm system drive for 15 kilometers an hour and you will turn off the alarm and if that doesn't work read the manual and you find to override the alarm system I hop that help

Has anyone solved this yet? my Dodge Caliber 2008 keeps going off until I have to disconnect the battery to get some sleep. No one can help, even the dealers.