Water pump

Asked by Jul 27, 2016 at 05:45 AM about the 1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

My car is chirping bad. I've taken it to 2 different
shops. They got me for new alternater. Belt
tentioner. Id ppl we arm. One even  .  Told me to
scrap the  car. The chirping comes and goes. I
recently had a new radiator  and hoses put in
because the radiator was cracked. The last
mechanic noticed the fan was not connected. My
car was always so hot. The chirping is getting
louder. Could this be my water pump going bad.

Idler pulley not ppl arm

28,785

It certainly could be a water pump, and that may have also been contributing to the overheating. The blades on the impeller wear and corrode leading to loss in performance, and the bearing starts to go, making various noises. You should also verify it's not the AC clutch of pulley making the noise.

13,475

This is a serpentine belt issue find a shop with a laser alignment tool check it, correct the alignment done. I know the EXPERTS at the shop cleaned the vintage DeVille's pulleys of debris and grit nobody would miss that.

Shall I call them and ask them if they can do a laser alignment on a serpentine belt

13,475

Every modern shop has this tool they are not expensive, So yes call and inquire if they don't know what it is.. That's very telling of the ability of the shop!.ask the fee, and explain the chirp..any well trained tech knows whats up with a belt chirping.

Well I went to get in the car to take it to a shop and I can't even get it to the shop everything's just going haywire on this car I think the tranny slipping missing and choking but I can't even get it to a shop