no start

Asked by Oct 15, 2013 at 06:04 PM about the 1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

At times I will get a no start and no crank at times. After waiting about a hour it will crank
any suggestions.......

35,545

You say no start and no crank, are you saying the starter isn't spinning the engine? Crank, turn over, and spin all mean the exact same thing. A crank sensor senses the engine is cranking or spinning. A crank shaft it's a shaft that cranks...spins, turns... more details, ambient temperature, engine temp, does it do it after trips before trips or both? Saying your engine starts sometimes but sometimes it doesn't doesn't help us help you. If sometimes it cranks and sometimes it doesn't it could be a starter, loose battery connection. If sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't there tons of possibilities and better details could narrow it down.

Its like it wont do nothing once I drive the cadr for a while when I turn the key I get nothing I do hear the clicking under the dash. I recently changed the ignition out. I also changed the starter and the problem had stopped but now its doing it again someone told me the starter could be getting hot from the motor

35,545

Could be the starter, heat creates a lot of resistance in electrical components. Could be battery connections, or a corroded wire that gets worse with heat. Voltage needs to be checked everywhere next time this happens

Thank you so much

35,545

Yup, post your findings.