no start

10

Asked by Oct 15, 2013 at 06:04 PM about the 1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

At times I will get a no start and no crank at times. After waiting about a hour it will crank
any suggestions.......

37,285

You say no start and no crank, are you saying the starter isn't spinning the engine? Crank, turn over, and spin all mean the exact same thing. A crank sensor senses the engine is cranking or spinning. A crank shaft it's a shaft that cranks...spins, turns... more details, ambient temperature, engine temp, does it do it after trips before trips or both? Saying your engine starts sometimes but sometimes it doesn't doesn't help us help you. If sometimes it cranks and sometimes it doesn't it could be a starter, loose battery connection. If sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't there tons of possibilities and better details could narrow it down.

10

Its like it wont do nothing once I drive the cadr for a while when I turn the key I get nothing I do hear the clicking under the dash. I recently changed the ignition out. I also changed the starter and the problem had stopped but now its doing it again someone told me the starter could be getting hot from the motor

37,285

Could be the starter, heat creates a lot of resistance in electrical components. Could be battery connections, or a corroded wire that gets worse with heat. Voltage needs to be checked everywhere next time this happens

10

Thank you so much

37,285

Yup, post your findings.

Oh OK so we have a guy we chose to do work on our DeVille. And he hasn't done anything to make itright. For a year now and he's had the car bout 3mos.. various things like air- conditioning system and oil leaks and the the thing is the battery connections are corroded an one cable doesn't seem to stay connected.. he's told us to make sure to tighten it up when we jump start it. Out of like 5 things we needed fixed he placed a mirror. He doesn't really seem to look at the source. He sold supposed new battery which was old an go figure 2nd battery drains out? I'd like think he should check the alternator.. the starter is ok. For now. So far he's charged over $1000 an we still owe on it. Oh and he said he was able to get the AC working but he's charging extra for the juice that the AC unit needs. I'm sorry I forgot the word for it I just wonder why $30 for what should go together anyways. He also said 2days before we go pick it up. That the AC is blowing our cool! Idk how he figured out that when he said the fluid was gone.empty. does anyone know of a legal advice on how to deal with this supposed mechanic that is just getting paid to do nothing!? He will say that we left something on to run the battery dead. But no we've learned our lesson on that point.. plz someone help me with this situation. Thanks so much..