I have a 1991 cadillac brougham 5.0 ltr..My catalytic converter sounds bad and it leaks. I've had the converter replaced 3 times within 2 years. It rides nice and quiet for a week or 2, then it goes bad again. The digital dash isnt working properly anymore. So im thinking maybe that has something to do with it. The mechanics keep telling me the car might be running rich. Is there any other type of exhaust or special converter that i can put on my car that will solve the problem? or overhaul the entire exhaust system? Thanks!

Asked by Jan 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM about the 1991 Cadillac Brougham RWD

A good mechanic should be able to check a couple of plugs and the exhaust to confirm a rich condition. Fix the rich condition...

Best Answer Mark helpful