Which relay is in the turn signal circuit?

Asked by Jan 25, 2014 at 02:05 PM about the 1992 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

I'm chasing a problem with the left front turn signal in my '92 Sedan DeVille.  The
parking/signal lamp went dark, along with the white side illumination lamp.  Both bulbs
test out fine and the sockets are clean and in good shape.  Replacing the flasher
restored the turn signal, except it's using the lower intensity parking light filiment, rather
than the brighter trun filimant.  The white side lamp remains dark.  I now suspect a
relay, but the owner's manual doesn't lable them clearly enough to identig\fy which - if
any - are in the circuit.  The relay panel under the dash on the passenger side has
seven identical relays.  Doe anyone know which one may be the one I'm looking for?

39,165

From what I've read, it should be located in the trunk behind the back seat on the left side. Here's the original link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071207114640AAf1AgX

In the trunk? Someone at Cadillac had a sense of humor in the early '90s... Thanks. I'll check.

I can't find the same flasher in my 2000 cadillac deville turn signals not flashing and the inside not showing a signal

39,165

Jmel, Take off the black plastic cover under the dash above the brake pedal, 2 9/32 screws hold the front edge to the bottom of the dash. The flasher is located behind the dash above the parking brake. it has a metal clip holding it to the dash behind the trunk release button. You have to reach around with your hand to find it as it is hard to see. Once you un-clip it you can pull it down to unplug it.

I think i saw it but i had put on the hazard button is the little box that was clicking the relay flasher ?

39,165

If you had the flashers on and the box was clicking, then yes, it was the flasher relay. You may need a mirror and a flashlight to see up in there to find it.