I'd bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty with 38,000 miles on it in December 2014, the heater only blew out on defrost and dash vent only but was VERY HOT, didn't think much of it and thought I'd look into it mid summer, the air conditioning worked perfectly but still only blew out on defrost or dash vent only. The anti freeze is new and is full, nor have I seen anything in the way of leaks. PLEDASE HELP. I have no idea where to start with this problem and am in not in a position to pay a dealership and or backwoods boy to figure and or fix this problem, I'm pretty handy and can fix nearly any problem that is presented to me but this one being this new of a vehicle I really didn;t want to got it alone and any service person I ask wants your savings account # , it just doesn't seem like there are to many good hearted people left out there who dont want something from just passing along some advice

Asked by Oct 02, 2015 at 09:47 PM about the 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD

AC WORKS GREAT, NO HEAT at all, ONLY BLOWS OUT ON DEFROST AND VENT ONLY in AC mode and no heat.?.?.I have new coolant, no leaks and is full, repair shops want to take you for a ride all the time and all I am asking is for some helpful advice that may be useful to resolve this problem. i purchased the 2011 Jeep Liberty at a reputable dealership at 38,000 miles in December 2014, heat worked EXCELLENT through those Winter months Summer came and used the AC all summer but still only blowing out thru the defrost and dash vents only. I hope and pray you are able topass along some useful advice that I may be able to give to someone else in need, Winter is barreling down and need to resolve this problem ASAP with minimal amout of money hopefully, thank you for being here to help people that are in need of answers, once again thank you , signed , shivering Joel in Northern Indiana....

37,595

Have you felt your heater core inlet hose and outlet hose? Is it hot going in as well as out? If hot going in but cold on the out hose, you may have a clogged core. If both hoses are hot, then your core is good. That leaves either a stuck blend door actuator or a bad climate control. You had a blend door issue when you purchased the vehicle since the air would only come out of the defrost vent. But you said it also had heat. The cheapest option is to buy a climate control panel on Ebay. There's one on there now for $39. If you have a failed blend door, (or HVAC actuator) I believe there are 3 actuator doors in there. Check out this link. You may be able to reach up under the dash and move the actuator door with your hand.................. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=76917

2,445

Reelin68 is right, but if it's a auto climate control, then it's big bucks, if you can pull the face plate off the radio control area, then take the screws out of the temp. control unit, and check to see if there tight, believe you me, this is happened to me twice, with my liberty, and they where,LOOSE, made sure all three pugs where snapped in tight and everything worked fine after that...hope this helps..

2,445

Here's two pic's of Automatic climate control VS Reg. climate control..."NOTE",,,,,, PLUGS IN THE BACK!!!!!! hope this helps

30

okay this is Joe again, I bought the climate control panel off of eBay and it just came in the mail today I have no idea how to get the faceplate off of the center of my dashboard so I can get the old one switched out? Thank you...

30

yes I felt the hoses to the heater core and the heater core is flowing correctly. Thank you for that input though...

30

I read that you said there were three plugins on your climate control peace and I only see two on the back of this one I just bought? But it has the same exact face as my original one but I am still unable to remove the rest of the center dash board part so I can gain access cooler climate control button assembly

30

is there anyone out there that can help me gain access to my climate control system behind the center dashboard panel how do I get the dashboard panel off? Please help...

37,595

This video is from a 2005 Liberty, but same idea. Just pry the plate off with a small screw driver. https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=MOcTqlXz8s0