Looking for new or slightly used large (or mid0size) luxury SUV with the best, most comfortableride.

Asked by Jul 10, 2013 at 08:04 AM about the 2011 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4WD

I have fibromyalgia and back issues.  Currentlty driving a Nissan Armada LE which is a
brutal ride for me.  What do I look for in car descriptions to ascertain its ride.  Shoiuld I
look for air suspension, floating suspension, load levelors, etc.  HELP!  Have twin
daughters in college and it is torture to ride in a car too see them.

Hurtin' Mama

33,555

If you want a soft ride, go with one of the American luxo-barges- Lincoln, Cadillac, new or used, check Car Gurus and go to the appropriate menu- but don't get a sport model

33,555

you may have to go to a new car dealer and try one out on a test drive to see if your back approves- you may have to get a car to find the right seat and soft ride you need

245

I also have fibromyalgia, spinal damage from being rear ended by a truck. My husband the same amoung Traumatic brain injuries. The best SUV, which I'm driving, a 2009) is the Escalade, Cadilac. The drive is awesome and it takes the bumps smooth, I have the 3rows of seats. The seats are lumbar, can adjust them to your comfort and have heat settings which are great. The heat actually reaches the areas that are injured. I rate this 'ride' a 5 star. When I drive her I don't feel the pain or any discomfort, she's as smooth as 'Ice'. Check with Cadilac dealers or on the web. Right now is a good time for a trade in. I would say since they are expensive new, you should be able to find a used one, most owners of Escalades take good care of them. When you test drive one you'll feel as thought your in a salon being pampered but not your hair, your body, spine and back. I will never go back to another car again. ;)

Best Answer Mark helpful
245

Kaybo, I forgot to add the GMC SUV has the same suspension as Escalade although I have never driven one. The price is cheaper. It has 3 rows but no captain chairs which are great, they behind the front seats. Katie ;)