my 1993 Cadillac Seville 4.9 is saying stop engine and will not do anything when I turn the key.

Asked by May 30, 2016 at 11:00 AM about the 1993 Cadillac Seville Base

It said low oil pressure but I have oil and I replaced the oil pressure sensor. Still
will not let me start the car

102,335

Does the starter crank the engine, or do you just get 1 loud click or clunk?

102,335

I'm thinking it is already too late and the engine is seized.

405

Well maybe the oil pump is not working

No click

102,335

Then you need to check the battery and the cables, make sure you have good connections, then move on to checking main fuses, it is possible that one blew and caused a feedback, I just hope, if that is the case, that it didn't fry some important control modules.

It's my security system because it's disabling my starter When I put my key in the ignition. I sprayed some electrical cleaner in it and still getting the same results. Off to the dealer I guess

102,335

Try locking the all but the drivers door, roll a window down, engine off, close drivers door and lock with the key, wait at least 30 seconds, then unlock the drivers door, that should disable the security system, if it doesn't work with the drivers door try doing it with the passenger door, some used the drivers door some used the passenger door. Then if that doesn't work then the the dealer is th next place.