My 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville antenna isn't working.

20

Asked by May 28, 2012 at 09:18 PM about the 1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

My antenna broke when I went through a carwash with it up.  I accidentally turned off my radio since then and now the antenna will not come back up.  I took it to "a guy" my dad recommended but he wanted to go through the a/c and into my computer so I said no.  Is that the only way to fix this problem?

75

remind me.. I had a 2000 Eldorado ETC that ha the antenna in the back, is this on on the front? if so the motor is located in the fender well, the motor sounds like it might of burnt out or jammed, you can goggle the part number on E-bay and buy a new one, Does the motor sound like its running when you turn the car on?

20

Antenna is in the back and you cannot hear the motor running.

75

ok, so the whole unit may be damaged, First locate the antenna fuse, make sure that didn't get burnt out, if that dose not work try locating the antenna in the trunk and making sure the connector is plugged in, if that doesnt work time to get a new antenna- Ebay Item number: 180892226289

17,135

I just crimped an antenna from a cheap radio onto the tip of the cadi antenna that was sticking out