drivers power window not working

5

Asked by Oct 16, 2014 at 10:10 AM about the 1993 Cadillac Allante Base Convertible

Hi gang... My 93 allante drivers side power window isnt working.... push the button and it
starts to move and then stops... any thoughts...

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Lou

246,155

Time for a new window regulator.

22,685

like all power windows, it will need maintenance, if not repair- if you want to do it yourself, take the door panel off and try cleaning and greasing the tracks- and the mechanism- if you are lucky, that might do the trick and save you the price of a new motor- if it works, do the other side, too-

19,580

Tom and jamn are both right. That Allante is a special car and with that comes special parts and price tags. I've worked on a half dozen or so of them. They are different from most cars from that era. The door panels come of in 2 or 3 sections. The window regulator is like nothing I've ever seen. If your very mechanical go ahead and tear into it. If you are not pay to have it fixed.

245

Can't believe no one has suggested that the window tape needs to be replaced.

10

my passenger window wont go up or down on my 93 allante just replaced power switch panel bcause it came apart but that didnt do it any suggestions thanks sam