93 Allante struts

Asked by Jul 15, 2011 at 09:24 PM about the 1993 Cadillac Allante Base Convertible

I see there are replacement struts for this car that bypass the electronic suspension on this car. Has anyone used these and can you give me any eed back on these. The local shop wants $1800 to replace mine.

Don't do it! The electronic suspension is tied into the entire computer system. Check with Dick Hussey @ Allantesource

8,905

I agree with the previous answer. Keep the system the car has. There are Allante clubs around the country that can help with service and/or parts if needed.

7,415

agree with all of the above answers! keep it GM struts! i did it while GM still stocked the parts for the car. i heard the ones they are using can make it rough handling. the load leveling suspension keeps the nose from pointing skyward when u have a full trunk.

8,905

Dick Hussey at AllanteSource.com will have what you need.