Cadillac Allante Hardtop

10

Asked by GuruR2QZH Feb 14, 2020 at 09:34 PM about the 1993 Cadillac Allante FWD

Is it possible to add a '93 hardtop to a '93
that didn't  How difficult is it to install

374,745

It should fit without issue but there is a kit you need or you can make your own. Probably at least a 2 man job to lift the top off and on.

374,745

https://www.allantestore.com/product_p/htckit.htm

10

Thank you. I have a '93 with a hardtop but after checking the organizations/websites that sell parts I am having problems finding what I need. The dealer suggested I sell it as is (for parts). I've found another '93 that I'd like to buy but wasn't sure if modification ito include a hardtop was possible. Where might I find the kit?

374,745

Take the latch points off your car and install them on the "new" one.

Best Answer Mark helpful
374,745

I posted a link for the parts which will show up eventually.

10

Thank you. I'll look for it. The top, for me, is a two-person project. I invested in a hoist. Works great.

25

Wait.Wait. It has been my understanding that a 93 hardtop with use the same latching system as the car's softtop. So any 93 hardtop should fit in any 93 Allante, whether or not it was purchased with the car. The issue is putting a non 93 hardtop on a 93 Allante because when they removed the false window vents they moved the removed the hooks from the corners of the windshield and so some special bolts from Finland are needed for it to hook to. If anyone has a 93 hardtop and you can tell because the from latches are not on the side but on the front, I would be interested in buying it.

10

Thank you. I may still buy another Allante because Iove the look of them In the meantime, I bought an '08 XLR that is being delivered tomorrow morning.

25

Cadillac had made one prototype Allante with a retractable hard top... very nice, to bad it never made it to production. There are a few pictures around. perhaps one day, if I get foolish, I'll try to duplicate if... it would be so nice not to have to deal with these tops.