epc/flashing check engine

Asked by Mar 13, 2016 at 01:49 AM about the 2011 Volkswagen CC 2.0T Lux FWD

I have a 2011 vw cc luxury with 60000
miles and i pressed on gas to overtake
a slower and all of a sudden sluggish
performance and epc light came on
and check engine light started flashing
so i limped it home shut it off and then
only epc light came on it feels like a
spark plug but i changed the plugs at
52000 miles so im pretty sure it
something simple can the coils go bad
so soon

I had the same issue. The air intake manifolds have a recall. The arm sticks in open position this causing an incorrect air ratio which in turn makes your car lose power and possibly stall. You may want to check that first.

Also yes. I had to change a coil too.

This just happened to me a few minutes ago. Any resolution with your car problems? If so, what did you have to do?

This exact thing has happened to me.. any resolutions from anyone? grpack1, did the intake manifold recall solve the issue for you?

Yes it did. VW North America paid for the warranty work due to the recall and changed out the entire manifold.

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I have scheduled an appointment with my dealer and they have confirmed the same. They also mentioned there is a "clock spring" and "computer" recall warranty as well. Might be helpful to anyone else on this thread. Thanks again!

What does it mean if my drive or whatever gear I'm in flashes and it seems like the engine just revs like when in neutral but when actually in drive

Ok I've been racing my cc for 3 years. Those issues are various although similar in diagnostics. First cheapest. Spark plugs. Then direct ignition could. After that could be a fuel injector. If your timing is off remember the 2.0 turbo is a zero clearance valve set up. So continuing to drive it will run repairs up to $6000.00 also the throttle body can be sticking if it happens at the 5-6k rpm marker. Just turn it off and restart and get to dealer where the repairs and related misdiagnosed issues will be covered under warranty if they fix the wrong thing first.

I have a 2013 CC Sport with a manual transmission. I love my car, much more than most Humans and since I grew up in Germany sometimes feel driving is in my blood that being said this is my 3rd VW and the midst problematic although I was prepared for somewhat finicky issues of a very and esp a CC the rewards of driving it have much outweighed the downside . Up until now , I too had to replace all the coils? They said once one goes bad all others follow, but it's never solved the issue completely and it still shakes in the am when I turn it on, they won't help or even let me bring it back in. Now it's idling and starting to die even after it's been started and I know it's winter now but my baby is getting downright bitchy at me. My issue is mostly with VW of America they have been an absolute nightmare where the car cannot fix itself I take excellent care of my darling Cac and haven't made a ton of upgrades I mostly focused on an 6K stereo I put in and had to really hold back with that figured it's a beast and I want to be buried with the car to be honest but VW of America is making my life a bit unbearable they can be real tools and thesmall amount of business I've done with the body shop has been the worst nightmare of my life, picture Trump in charge of a body shop but less understanding and even worse haircut. I'm trying to not get ignorant on these folks but it's getting hard to not start to look at the WRX niext to me and wonder , what if?

Sorry the screen disappeared on me so was typing commando lol. Not too bad really I'm seeing. Again I'm not illiterate just incompetent lol. Thanks for any input all of you