why does the car battery go dead after my 1995 cadillac sedan deville sets for 2 weeks?

Asked by Jun 16, 2012 at 07:03 PM about the 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS

210,615

There is a electrical drain somewhere. Like a light on, radio or something else that is on, draining the battery. You will need to do some diagnostic work in determining what it is. Start with pulling one fuse at a time and use your voltmeter to determine if that circuit is the culprit. You will need to know what your doing to do this. Here is a link that will describe what I'm talking about........http://www.ehow.com/how_2249402_find-parasitic-battery-drain.html

56,825

My friend's '97 DeVille does the exact same thing. If he's not going to use the car for awhile he disconnects the negative (-) battery cable. He has never been able to find the cause but at least by doing that he doesn't have to jump start the car or charge the battery every time he wants to use the car. HTH. -Jim

10

there is a battery saver feature, look at your manual. A lot of stuff is running voltage even if the car is not running. Make sure you have this feature set up!