1995 fleetwood brougham acting weird. when i start the car idles rough and put ac on and gets worse.nothing on obd1 codes. i step on the gas pedal coughs a lot

30

Asked by Jun 01, 2014 at 07:19 PM about the 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Base Sedan

17,025

This is a bait and switch BUT I just can't help myself. You are OBD II (because that law changed in 1994). But you still have dash idiot lights, are any lit up?.......If you still think you want to play then answer my question re: any warning light .

30

none on the dash.about a month ago changed leaky water pump . it was running ok up until 3 days ago.

17,025

I have a 1994 De Ville with a digital dash and I've never been in a 1995 Brougham but I would assume you have a digital dash too. Mine flashes "Monitoring Systems" at start-up ; then "Monitored Systems OK" and messages will also flash indicating various other things while the car is running [from battery to service engine soon] all of these are covered in the owner's manual] BUT I HAD a vacuum leak at the throttle body and had no lights,no messages ,nothing. The leak was sucking air and it caused a rough idle . So in my case the lack of a message sent me back to basics. Lift the hood and listen ,inspect filter,look for a loose connect. My problem was solved with listen.

30

i will check it out first thing in the morning. thanks for advice

17,025

I'd be interested to know what you find. My guy couldn't believe that my 1994 had an oil life indicator. I find my oldie has as much stuff and more than some new cars. You should have seen my brother-in-laws face when I ran my codes (history & current);inputs;outputs, etc from my C.C.C.

30

i run the codes. nothing on codes.exept some history on 03-- 127-128- 133 .car has 70000 miles. last year i changed egr 3 months ago fuel filter.and fill up with 93 octane all the time. no vacuum leak

17,025

My dash displays the codes with a system letter prefix like P (PCM) followed by 3 digits. or I(IPC) followed by 3 digits.,etc. ----so 03 followed by 3 digits isn't anything I recognize; ( took me a lot of searching just to get the code list for mine (or at least most of it) put together. I didn't know your car had dash board display for codes; I thought that was a !994 DeVille feature only - neat. History on mine means it isn't something that is Currently being detected . So no current codes?.....[ just a chuckle; because, I do it all the time....87,89,91o 93 just pops in my mind when it's really 94 :) ]

17,025

After thoyght - I just realized that you said a scan; so if you used a scanner plugged into the scan tool connector then the 03 is OBDII area for ignition & misfire. So find out what those 3 history codes pointed at

30

no i did not use scanner .just used on dash computer read outs through ac display

30

this car is 1995

17,025

Again I can only say how mine works and reads out and how much time as a d.i.y. I had to put in to find the info on my own car, I can only tell you that you need to get a shop manual or do the work yourself in tracking down your OBD codes., My read outs are different than yours (as I already said) And mine is 1994.

17,025

and it is totally irrelevant how you got the codes, find out what the codes mean,they point to ignition/misfire