95 Cadillac S D

Asked by Jan 31, 2016 at 01:24 PM about the 1995 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

I changed out my transmission with a good used
one, after putting everything back together it won't
start .. it cranks and sounds like it wants to but
nothing it's getting plenty of gas and fire, and
before I changed the tranny it started and sounded
great

120

Make sire everytjing is connected properly( grounds,connections,etc) as it could be simple. Also just necause the trannys look the same doesnt mean it will adapt to the car. The harness might be the same but the electrical inside might be different. Just check to be sure so your not racking your brain for nothing.

Yes I double and triple checked and used the Vin to make sure it was the same kind of transmission... All grounds and electrical are connected. I checked the fuses and relays and still nothing even checked the cap and rotor... I mean I'm stumped! Yesterday I reset the codes and the computer and it starts with starter fluid but sounds like it has a back fire as soon as it uses it up the car turns back off