HOOKED UP MY MOMINLAWS 1995 CADDY TO BATTERY CHARGER.

Asked by Jun 18, 2013 at 04:05 PM about the 1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

NEXT DAY IT HAD LOUD HUM WHEN SHE WENT TO START IT. SOMEONE TOLD HER IT WAS HOOKED UP BACKWARDS. HUH? DID THEY CHANGE POLARITY ON CHARGING BATTERIES @ I DIDNT GET THE MEMO? HOOKED IT UP LIKE NORMAL-POS./POS./--NEG./NEG.     SO WHATS THE HUM? THANKS.

did you put a new battery in yet? could look for damage to the alternator six diodes once you get 'er started...I know it's a pain in the gazooka because you've got to take out the backseat and set it aside~~my heart goes out to you...I'd suspect your charger markings, if you found red and black correctly...you did disconnect the car before charging didn't you?

Hopefully you did as His Honor Dictated...backwards is no bueno...

See that? You have a choice....His Honor is A Merciful Judge, you can be hung from the hoist or flattened to a coin underneath.. what a guy, eh?

now you're just havin' a laugh...eh?

The only "Positive Earth" car I have ever had the displeasure of working on was a 1964 Cortina, a Ford built in England.

thought Lucas (not george) electrics "the prince of darkness" was responsible for positive earth on Jaguar and the British Leyland cars...perhaps I'm misinformed...never had the displeasure~