have a 95 deville and it sounds like a deisel and make a slight rattling noise when i accelerate what could this be?

Asked by Feb 27, 2011 at 05:05 PM about the 1995 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

4,325

Could be your exhaust system. If it is still the original, good chance there is a hole somewhere to cause the dieseling type sound. The rattling is usually baffling inside the catalytic converter that has rusted and is just in there making noise. Same thing happened to me on my '91 de Ville last year. The car ran OK but when it idled down at a traffic light, I looked around for whose car was making that awful noise - it was me!