my caddy wont start

Asked by Jun 16, 2016 at 07:48 AM about the 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS

I put 2 new alternators and a battery in my
Cadillac thinking that was the problem but
after the last trip to the shop I knew it was
something different. I drove from the shop
went five minutes without cutting it off and
when I did and try to start it up a minute
later it didn't start until I got it jumped. What
could be wrong? I put a lot of money in this
car, I don't have much left

12,625

These all Caddys always have lots of DTC codes or lights on, Have them scan it again for DTC's write them down. Now, have the shop correct all the things it missed last few time its been there, Grounds? are they loose, corroded, etc...Have them do another voltage drop test on the starter circuit until they locate the high resistance on the "2 gauge wire, might as well check the output of the alternator at battery terminals again engine running! 13.4 -14.8 volts. Tell them to stop charging you $ each time your there for the same problem...Regards