my a/c wont turn on?When i hit the a/c button nothing happens ,just reads (a/c off) mechanic thinks its a/c module/programmer its located under dash behind glove box, is this the problem??

40

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM about the 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS FWD

96 Seville SLS climate control with passenger controls. A/C wont work just had system
charged button dont work just reads A/C OFF Mechanic says I need A/C
programmer(big box under dash behind glove box) Very expensive part is this the
problem or something else?   

Thank You

It could be that if u ran it on with out freon than u burnt up the compressor

40

No ,Mechanic somehow (jumped) A/C Module and it worked for a couple weeks after system was charged said fix it or put up with it.

250

T be circulating from his is probably to simple, but it's a thought; Make sure the air flow direction switch is on showing the airflow to be circulating the sir from the outside to the inside. I have a '99 and if I forget to set the airflow the AC doesn't come on. Good luck. David

170

My seville air also is not working. The climate controls do not light up and also the mileage reading does not light also. as if i have no power or blown fuse. could this be the cluster. My mph hand is working and gages too are working. Only the climate reading is not visible and blower fan is not working with the switch. Ideas?

160

I have a 2002 cadillac seville sts and haven't had it a week an the A/C in the front has stop getting cold and hot. You can hear when it wants to switch over but nothing happens… theres a a/c unit for the back seats and it works ok just having trouble with the front can someone please helppp

250

I had some work done on the engine of my '99 SEVILLE SLS AND DURING THE WORK THEY SOMEHOW MANAGED TO SISCONNECT THE FITTING FROM THE RIGHT HAND SIDE AC DASH CONNECTION. MIGHT CHECK OUT BOTH LEFT & RIGHT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IS LOOSE.