I have a 96 caddy deville ..my horn and cruise wasn't workn,,was told its the clock spring 253 for part I changed it ,,and horn and cruise still aint workn,,I put a tester in were the horn wire goes into wheel and the horn blows,,wtf any thoughts

5

Asked by Jun 28, 2015 at 10:34 PM about the 1996 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

63,215

The horn pad, when pressed, completes the circuit to ground and the horn sounds. There should be a separate, black, wire with a spring loaded connector under the horn pad on the steering wheel. This wire plugs onto the underside of the horn pad. When you press the horn pad the underside, which is metal, contacts the inside of the steering wheel, which is also metal. The circuit is then grounded and the horn sounds. Please be very careful while working on the steering wheel of the car. The horn pad is also the driver's airbag module. Do NOT use a self powered resistance meter or test light on any of the airbag wiring. The airbag WILL deploy if you do!! Before removing the horn pad disconnect the negative (-) battery cable and wait 5 minutes for the airbag system to discharge. There's a power reserve in the airbag system. Again, please be careful while working on this. HTH. -Jim

5

thank you ill look into that

63,215

You're welcome. Glad to help. - Jim