Bad fuel

Asked by Jul 29, 2016 at 08:38 AM about the 1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance Sedan

How do I get the fuel out of a 97 DeVille. Can  
pump it out or do I have to get underneath it
and syphon it. The cars been sitting 2 years

25,155

Two years isn't that long for fuel to sit. If it had good gas in it two years ago just run it, or put some fuel additive like dry-gas in it if you think it may have water in it. Plenty of fuel additive options too - octane boost, injector cleaners, etc. If you have to remove the gas, just disconnect the fuel hose at the filter and run the fuel pump, just be sure to have a good container ready to catch it.

65

Good video on how to get the fuel and other fluids out on a car that's been sitting for a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BiFpSkMbNQ

22,685

get the gas out- DO NOT try to start it- gas with ethanol turns to gummy goo in just a short time of sitting- if you try to start it it will get all up in your fuel system- bad- I doubt if there is a drain on your tank, so go to the parts store and get a little hand pump- they are made for just this job-