I turn the key but car won't start. All the lights and everything comes on but engine won't turn over. No sounds or clicks. Battery and starter are good and wires to the battery are clean. any ideas

Asked by Dec 12, 2014 at 05:41 AM about the 1997 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

How old is the battery? What is the voltage? Might be enough to have the lights on , but not enough for the car to crank. Maybe the ignition switch is faulty. You'll have to do some diagnosis.

I had the battery checked and it's good enough. It was 12.2 volts when checks and all cells were ok.. I checked the starter relay and it was good as well.. from what I read it sounds like the ignition relay went bad. Do you feel like that could be the issue?

No the starter and battery are good

Michelle Peeples

How do I check the ignition relay

Pjay Hollywood

I have a 2000 sls it won't make a sound but everything working