car keeps overheating

Asked by Aug 18, 2012 at 05:05 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Seville STS FWD

Check coolant level, thermostat, cooling system pressure, radiator, waterpump. Could be all sorts of stuff

Do you have t he northstar enige in her? Have you over heated really bad, becuase the Northstar has a failsafe on the engine, it should go into four cylinder mode if it over heats, running 4 cylinders, and pumping air in the other 4, to keep you from blowing the head gasket, I would start with the basics, how long has it been since you changed the radiator cap, if its bad, the system is not under the correct pressure, it could be your thermostat, or water pump, is your engine louder or do you hear a squeel or squeak, are you leaking any coolent anywhere, I need more information from ya, I had a 1992 STS but it had the 4.9 L pushroad v-8, went through 2 water pumps in her, loved that car!

I need someone who knows what to do to my 1997 Cadillac Seville it is overheating all the time and I need to see if it is worth fixing. I love my car and it is new almost everything. Help please

Where can I go for this

Northstar engines have a nasty habit of pulling out the head bolts which causes head gasket leaks and overheating. The fix is new aftermarket head bolts which is an expensive repair.