1998 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Asked by May 12, 2014 at 06:01 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

My eldorado has 79,000 miles on it.  I recently had the oil pan replaced when it was put back together I started it and it ran rough, the low oil pressure light came on, I replaced the oil pressure switch and cant get the car to run smoothly again.  I am open for suggestions

16,805

I've owned many cars in the last 50 years and I have never had a problem that required replacing the oil pan. I'm guessing you bottomed out on something and smashed your oil pan? So what other damage was done? If you get into a fender bender you don't fix the dent and then wonder why your tail light doesn"t work!

95

your power train control module (pcm) needs to be updated from the dealer.

10

I have to agree with chassy. Why did you replace the oil pan? Was the oil pump changed also? Not sure why the PCM would need to be updated??