1998 Cadillac DeVille OverHeating !!

Asked by May 05, 2017 at 09:28 AM about the 1998 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

Hello I have a 98 caddy deville and it keeps
overheating I have replaced the water pump
coolant tank radiator just about every part there is
I've replaced and it still over heats but there's a
hose right in front that seems to be busted looks
like it's gonna explode upon cranking but doesn't
just looks that way any idea why my car keeps
running hot it also says theft system car may not
restart why might that be ? It made me wait 3
minuted this morning to crank anyway I'm ry just
ready to sell it and call it a day because I'm put in
more money into it than purchasing it and that's
just ridiculous can anyone shed some light on
these issues please and thank you ? :)

It also leaks out all the antifreeze or water I've put in You should see my trunk I've got so many bottles of antifreeze and water it's crazy .

102,155

Sounds like headgaskets, it's making a lot of cooling system pressure causing leaks, do you not pace white smoke out the tailpipes when you first start it. As far as the security system, have you tried to reset it? Manually lock all the doors but the drivers from the inside and then with key in hand close and manually lock the drivers door, wait for the dome light to go out then wait at least a minute, then using the key manually unlock the drivers door and see if it will start. If it doesn't work you may have a door switch problem, door wiring or contro module intermittent failure, and those will need to be checked out by a shop that has the knowledge about the Caddies security system.

102,155

You may want to check out You Tube on your make and model and overheating, that should give you more information.

Thank you so much that's very useful but it turns on it just says that theft system problem may not restart and this morning was the first time it made me wait 3 minutes should I still try that ? White smoke tail pipes I'm sorry that's a little confusing to me could you explain a little more in that aspect of the question please ?

I was on YouTube this morning and one guy said his was doing the same thing the over heating thing and he Had to replace the overflow tank and on the theft system some people had to replace their key I believ they were saying I guess the key was messing with the small wires in the ignition they didn't shed too much light on that but I think that is what they were getting at .

102,155

White smoke out the tailpipes in the rearupon intial start is one of the first signs of a blown headgaskets, also too much cooling system pressure, that can blow hoses, radiators, heater cores and coolant recovery tanks. They are replacing the keys cause the internal chips have gone bad so the onboard chip reader does not reconise the key, so they need a new key and then the system has to be reprogrammed to read it so the vehicle can be driven. But try the reset I gave you first before spending a bunch of cash.