Is my 98 cad deville frontwheel drive if so do I put the snow cables on front

Asked by Dec 19, 2015 at 07:38 PM about the 1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

going on trip maybe hit snow  I have snow cables  I put them on front  or back?????car is low that's why I got cables   ,, I have mud /snow tires to..

You put the snow cables (chains) in you case probably cables, you put them on your drive wheels, but you have to be careful that the ass end does not scoot out on you going around corners, depending on how bad it is, (ice conditions) you may want to have some for the rear end also.

aren't there 4 cables in the box,, there were $40,00 ..,I hav'nt open the box,,,,,so I put them on front,,if I only have 1 set...

Yes,only on front,if only two.Your car is front wheel drive.

The only reason I mentioned having 4 cables is when buying only 2 new tires for a front wheel drive, it is recommended to put them on the rear as if they were put on the front, and the other 2 have wear on them and it is easy for the rear end to scoot out on you. Other wise the cables go on the front, and just take it easy. You'll make it.