How do I drain the fuel without droping the fuel tank

Asked by May 03, 2015 at 07:00 PM about the 1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

My elderly parents have a '98 deville that has a blown head gasket.  After deciding to get rid of the car, they want to keep the full tank of gas.  I located the fuel line and filter, but I was wondering what the black box behind the driver side rear tire is.  And maybe someone can tell me how to drain the fuel without having to drop the tank.  Thank You

7,975

The car has an electric fuel pump, let it do the work or remove the rubber hose behind the filler neck and siphon it from there.

Take the fill hose lose at the tank and you can get a siphon tube inside the tank to avoid the baffle that prevents siphoning, You can get a hand held transfer pump at a local auto parts store for pretty cheap. If you buy a gasoline approved pump that works from a drill, use cordless drill ONLY. Sparks from brushes on a power drill can ignite the gas. Now, is it really worth all this hassle for, what... 15 gallons? Of gas that might have bees in there a while? That's your call

Best Answer Mark helpful

Hey there CC we were typing at same time

7,975

GOTTCHA!

The gas is good, and if i don't do it, my old man (with a heart condition) will.