1998 cadillac deville where to find the temperature guage display to see how hot your car is running and what does range mean

5

Asked by Apr 14, 2013 at 03:21 AM about the 1998 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

1998 cadillac deville temperature display and range meaning

I could not find an image of a gauge for a '98 DeVille. Every source only had sending units, leading me to believe it only has an "idiot light", it is possible, not even difficult to install a gauge however. You can buy an aftermarket gauge from any parts store, and it will come with instructions. Images of the dashboard for a '98 are also hard to find. "Range" is the temperature your car should operate at. About 190 to 220 degreesF , or somewhere around there is the 'range'

Best Answer

If all hoses are healthy and supple probably isn't going to want to bother with the cooling system. MINI has no temperature gauge and figures, if it's overheating you'll know about it...with steam pouring out of the engine and a 'popcorn' smell....mostly they are sure that you'll be taking it in with some regularity and there's no reason to worry, so run confident, run strong and do not worry~

take a gander at the water pump to see if it's leaking out of the weep hole...that's one thing you can do and check the shaft for looseness~

63,085

My friend from work has a '97 DeVille. On his dash you can push a button to scroll through several of the vehicle's systems. One is for coolant temperature. The display on the instrument cluster will read "coolant temperature 202" for example. If you're developing an overheating problem get the cooling system pressure tested. Northstar engines are notorious for blowing head gaskets. Not cheap to fix either. My friend paid $3,500.00 to fix his two years ago. HTH. -Jim

certainly there IS a warning light that comes on before you start bakin' the chicken~