External Coolant Leak

Asked by Mar 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Catera RWD

There is a external coolant leak in my daughter's 1998 cadillac catera. We took it to a shop who told us they needed to replace the upper/lower intake gasket and also the oil cooler gasket. We had the work done today and tonight the car is still leaking coolant.We will be calling the mechanic back to let him know it's still leaking... not sure what he will do but we have paid $335.00 for nothing right now. I don't know if he didn't know what he was doing or if there is something else that should have been done. I hate this car!

Please email any advise on the post above to LinseyRain@aol.com This is my post but for some reason there is another user name attached to it that I never made. Thank You.

20

You need to remove intake manifolded and use ACDelco engine sealant on the engine oil cooler it as been a problem seen day one on those cars