How do I reset the computer on a 1999 Cadillac sedan deville

Asked by Oct 10, 2012 at 09:34 AM about the 1999 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

How can I reset the computer readings when the work has been done.

165

what kind of work theres a way to reset oil life then to rest other waring lights i would just diss. the negetive bat terminal. to rest oil life u have to flip key on but dont start the car go to oil life on digital display and push rest the the oil life numbers will turn to *** then i believe you have to turn the turnng signal to the right or left but i think its right... I go through this everytime with my 99 DeVille. Hope thats what your looking for

120

engine service light was on had mechanic check, equipment said problem with ingnition coil to number 3. Replaced, went to try to get a emission test done for St of AZ but couldn't. They asked if I had work done on it, told them yes. They told me the computer needs to reset and they said to drive it but how many miles?

560

u need to hold the off button and the red heat increase button for bout 3 to 5 seconds the dash will flash then bring up pcm? u hit the fan up button for yes follow the read out on the dash it will give u all the codes and an option to clear them u hit yes the up button they will clear u will have to go through all of the different modes to reset all the codes takes bout ten min u dont have to have anyone read or clear codes for u u can do it all by this process

40

How do i reset my computer on my cady deville 97limo